Super Bowl Sunday is one of the biggest house party days of the year—nearly 43 million Americans hosted parties in 2015, according to a National Retail Federation survey. But for homeowners who host, it’s not all about football and food; guest safety is even more important. Here are some tips to score points with your guests by keeping them safe while the titans on TV tally touchdowns:
If you're providing food, drinks, and fun this Super Bowl Sunday, remember: you're responsible for your guests' safety and what could happen if they leave the party impaired.
- Designate a sober driver before the party kicks off, or contact a local car service to provide rides for your guests.
- Make sure your driveway, sidewalk, and steps are clear of snow, ice, and other debris.
- Limit your own consumption of alcohol so that you may better judge your guests’ sobriety. Take a timeout after each drink consumed and follow up with water to rehydrate.
- Mix up the play-calling by serving plenty of food options, as well as non-alcoholic beverages.
- Stop serving alcohol during halftime, and offer water and coffee to guests.
- Call your local independent insurance agent before the Big Game to review your policy and make sure you have adequate liability limits.
Be your party’s MVP this year by making sure everyone has a superb, yet safe, football frenzy.
Click here to locate an FMI Agent near you.